Before we moved to Bridge Cottage, Tim and I lived in Upper Weardale, in an old leadminer’s cottage which we’d renovated ourselves. They had a saying in Weardale (well in fact they had a lot of sayings, this is but one of them): ‘It’s all gone a bit backendish’. This feels like the right word for today. It would seem summer is thinking of retreating, and signs that autumn is on the cusp are all around. In fact, as I write this, I need to go and find a woolly wrap or light the fire!
As I drove past the conker tree last week, I noticed the leaves beginning to yellow, and Mr Tim has just ordered an apple crusher for the million, zillion apples that are about to fall. Mind you, having said all this, yesterday was a blazing hot day! This weekend we are home alone without ‘kids’ for the first time in twenty-five years. It is odd to say the least, but we’re ok with it too, and I sat with feet up in the garden, a glass of chilly white and a good book by my side. It soon turned cooler though and we lit a fire in the recycled washing machine drum while Tim tested the LED solar lights he’s been rigging up on the sauna and for my stall.
The weather hasn’t been as kind today, so after a long lie in and breakfast in bed, I’ve been working on the website. One of my favourite products are my bedspreads. Having just decorated our south facing spare room, I now have the perfect space to get my double and kingsize bedspreads photographed, and have now listed several of them online. There are a couple of new ones, including these two. You can find all my bedspreads, blankets and throws in the soft furnishings department of the website shop.
It feels like it could soon be time to get snuggly!
Christmas bookings are all in now and the diary is looking really full. If you’re wondering where I can be found during the run up to Christmas, then check out the Events tab. Here too, is the list so far:
- Sept 10th Hexham Farmer’s Market , Hexham Northumberland
- Sept 18th Rothbury Vintage Fair, Rothbury, Northumberland
- Oct 22nd Hexham Farmer’s Market
- Oct 29th Pop uP Shop at Treacle Wool Shop, Morpeth, Northumberland
- 10th – 13th November Brocksbushes Christmas Fair Stocksfield, Northumberland
- 19th -20th November – The Hearth, Horsley, Northumberland
- 25-27th November, Alston Moor Crafts Christmas Fair, Town Hall, Alston, Cumbria
- 26th November, Jesmond Alternative Christmas Market, Holy Trinity Church, Jesmond, Newcastle
- 10th December Hexham Christmas Fair and Hexham Farmer’s Market
So, without further ado, I’d better sign off for this week. There’s loads more to tell you, but that will have to wait for this month’s newsletter which will be out soon
Bye for now, and thanks for reading.
Now, where did I put those armwarmers?